The Clerk-Treasurer’s Office is the financial arm of the Town. The Clerk-Treasurer and Deputy Clerk conduct budgeting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting, investment management, in short, the full complement of traditional accounting functions. The office is also responsible for utility billing and processing.
Mission Statement of the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office
Our mission is to provide prompt, courteous, knowledgeable, accurate information to all of our customers. In order to accomplish this mission, we will do the following:
- We will keep ourselves well-informed about changes in federal and state laws and local ordinances.
- We will avail ourselves of educational opportunities when appropriate.
- We will direct our customers to better resources if we are unable to fulfill their requests.
- Because we believe in transparency in government, we will be as open and communicative as possible, but without violating confidentiality or making inappropriate disclosures.
- We will practice the highest ethical standards, meaning we will be fair and honest in all of our dealings.
- We will not offer legal advice or interpret laws, ordinances, or codes for our customers as we are not a law office and it would be inappropriate to do so.
- Although we take our work seriously, was also like to have fun, so our customers should be prepared to join in the fun when visiting our office.
Meet the Clerk-Treasurer
Madalyn Sade-Bartl is a lifelong resident of Churubusco. Prior to being elected to office, Ms. Sade-Bartl was in retail management for 8 years and was a substitute teacher for Smith-Green Community Schools for 3 years. She took office on January 1, 2012 with her term expiring on December 31, 2015. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Human Resources concentration) from Indiana Institute of Technology and is currently obtaining her MBA (Strategic Management concentration) from Indiana Wesleyan University. She is married to Jason Bartl and has 2 children, Truman and Monroe. Ms. Sade-Bartl is also active in the Whitley County Chamber of Commerce as a member of their Board of Directors and participates in the Churubusco Chamber of Commerce. She is also the newly elected Vice President of the Turtle Days Association, Inc.